What is the PTSA?
The overall purpose of the PTSA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
The Woodlake Elementary Community Charter PTSA is a dedicated group of parents, teachers, staff and students who work to support art education, music education and psychomotor (physical education), as well as buses for field trips, teacher materials, a copy aide, a Primary Learning Center aide and so much more.
Why Join The PTSA?
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in our school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTSA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTSA functions and events provide opportunities to meet teachers and other parents, build rapport and discuss issues that are on your mind.
- Watch Yourself Grow: By volunteering with the PTSA, you are able to put your skills, both professionally and personally, to good use for a good cause.
- Speak Up. Because the PTSA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions and more effectively suggest change at our school.
- Help Your Child Succeed. The PTSA fosters parent involvement. Parent involvement has been proven by decades of research to be the greatest predictor of student success.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at school, you’ll be part of the solution, helping to make positive changes. The PTSA plays a vital role in our school success by fundraising to provide improvements, curriculum-based programs, social events and much more.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTSA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education. You are also showing your child that being involved in the school community is a very important part of their success. Adapted from www.pta.org/jp_why_join_pta.html
What is required to join PTSA?
Your name, an e-mail address, phone number and a donation of $10.00.