Each year the Fifth Grade classes at Woodlake Elementary Community Charter participate in a three day, two night outdoor science education trip. This year the Fifth Grade classes will be attending Camp Brandeis in Simi Valley. In the past, camp has been an unforgettable experience that the students enjoy immensely. This trip is available for all Fifth Graders.
May 23-25, 2018 has been secured for Woodlake!
Here are some important facts for you:
- Camp Brandeis is located at 1101 Pepper Tree Lane, Simi Valley, CA 93064. The facility is accredited by the American Camp Association and owned by American Jewish University. The facilities are high quality and the food is very good!
- The program is an outdoor science program where the students learn about the outdoors, geography, biology, plant life and so much more.
- The program is run by WOLF (Wilderness Outdoor Leadership Foundation). www.wolfadventures.org
- Fifth Grade Teachers will be attending the trip with the students.
- The students sleep 10-12 per cabin with a bathroom in each cabin. Each cabin will have a parent chaperone sleeping in the cabin with the students. The boys cabins will have male chaperones and the girls cabins will have female chaperones. Boys and girls cabins are in separate areas of the camp.
- During the day, WOLF counselors will be in charge of the students and will be the instructors for all the different planned activities.
- Food is prepared by the camp and served in a large dining hall.
The cost per student is $400.00. This fee covers the cost of camp, the bus transportation to and from camp, all meals and snacks while at camp as well as culmination, the graduation party and an additional field trip. In order to submit the contract for the Fifth Grade Trip, WE MUST KNOW if your child is participating in the May 23-25 trip. You may submit your payment and students information either by completing forms previously sent home or BELOW via PayPal. There are several options for payment including payment plans.
If your student is unable to attend camp, we ask that you please contribute $100 towards culmination and the graduation party. If you are in need of financial assistance, please contact your student's teacher immediately so that an assessment can be made by the Fifth Grade staff to determine need and what financial assistance is available.
PLEASE COMMIT and COMPLETE BY October 2, 2017
5th Grade Trip Payment Option A
Payment in Full
5th Grade Trip Payment Option B
$100 deposit PLUS 3 monthly payments of $100
5th Grade Trip Payment Option C
$100 deposit PLUS 6 monthly payments of $50
Culmination and Graduation Party only
This trip is completely voluntary and it is not necessary for your student to attend. Please note in the event that your student does not participate in the trip, Woodlake will still be providing Fifth Grade curriculum during the dates of the trip. Attendance is still required by the Board of Education.